My mum sent me this in the hopes of getting me some (small) measure of publicity. Unfortunately I can’t do it, having already booked flights to another country for the dates in question, so I thought I’d share it with you instead in case anyone amongst my readership fits the requirements and is interested:
Calling Women Artists – V&A Showcase
I am writing in search of RISING TALENT, women artists from diverse backgrounds and all art forms, visual, performing, literature, spoken word & poetry, comedy etc. aged 18 – 30, who would welcome the opportunity to have their voice heard through a showcase of their work at the V&A as part of the ARTIST UNSEEN: WOMEN FACING FORWARD event taking place at the Victoria & Albert Museum on Friday evening, 15 March 2013. This event is in celebration of International Women’s day & week and the exhibition ‘Light of the Middle East – New Photography’.
Artist’s work MUST be fully influenced by one or more of the following event & exhibition themes:
RIGHTS OF PASSAGE
Four women artists will be chosen to take part in a presentation inspired by the format of PechaKucha, in front of a live audience for 5 minutes each. Artists must present almost finished work-in-progress. After and as part of a panel, artists will then take questions and comments from the audience to inform future direction and / or next steps for their work. The session will last 50 min in total and each of the four chosen artists will receive a V&A voucher worth £30 to spend in the museum shops.
HOW TO APPLY:
- You must be 18 – 30, from a creative arts background (as mentioned above).
- You must be available on Friday evening 15 March between 19.00 -21.00 hrs.
- Be confident, out-going, keen and willing to share your almost finished work-in-progress with an audience.
- Willing to take part in a panel discussion / Q&A to further inform and inspire your work.
- Be prepared to present work live, on screen or sound either as a performance, PowerPoint, internet link, film, CD etc.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements send an email with TWO images of your work plus 200 words max describing:
- What is your work about?
- What has inspired your work so far?
- What are some of the highs and some of the challenges this work has presented?
- What do you hope to get out of the experience of presenting and sharing your work at the PechaKucha & Panel?
Emails should be sent to Janet Browne, email@example.com no later than Monday 11 MARCH at 12 mid-night! Only the first 20 email applications received will be considered for the four places. If you have not heard by Wednesday 13 March, then your application has not made the first 20. Please refrain from applying if you know you cannot commit to the requirements.